Last update: July 10, 2017
We are on a mission to improve your quality of life, enable you to be at your best. Our products, such as the ŌURA ring, enable you to learn how your lifestyle choices affect your sleep, and how the quality of your sleep affects your ability to perform.
What data do we collect?
Personal Data. Personal Data is information that identifies a particular individual (“Personal Data”). In order for us to provide the Service to you, we need to collect and use certain Personal Data about you. We may collect the following Personal Data:
- Your first and last names
- Your e-mail address, telephone number, address and other contact information
Service Data. Service Data is information that you need to input to the Service in order for us to provide the Service to you and measurement data we collect when you use our Devices. We may collect the following Service Data:
- Birth date and year
- Height and weight
- Measurement data
Measurement data includes your heart rate, movement and temperature data collected via the ŌURA ring, and based on it, the ŌURA ring and the App calculate a variety of parameters for your use via the Service, such as sleep duration, sleep phases (deep, light, REM, awake), and time spent at different activity levels during the day. This information is used to gauge the quality of your sleep, level of your recovery, and balance of your activity.
Other Data. When we provide the Service to you, we want to make the Service easy, useful and reliable. This involves collecting other information which does not identify you and we do this by utilizing:
- Google Analytics
- Server Logs
Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are small text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form – no personally identifiable information is collected about you unless you explicitly submit that information to us. Google Analytics is a free tool that lets us see what’s going on with our website traffic, where our visitors are coming from and what are they doing on our website. Most web browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict the use of the Service and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
We and our service providers use server log information for purposes such as calculating site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with ŌURA’s servers and administering ŌURA’s websites. These server logs may include information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, host name, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, the time(s) of your visit(s) and the web page(s) that you visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites.
Special Note About Children. Our Service is not directed or suitable for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Data from children under 18. If you are aware of a user under the age of 18 using the Service, please contact us immediately. We reserve the right to delete any account if we suspect the account holder is a child under the age of 18.
What do we do with the data we collect?
We may use your Personal Data for the following purposes (excluding your Service Data):
- to register you to use our Service;
- to deliver and maintain our Service;
- to communicate with you about the Service;
- to enable us to monitor, review and improve the Service;
- for our internal records regarding the use of the Service;
- for marketing purposes (see also Direct Marketing below); and
- so that we can fulfill our obligations to you relating to the Service and to help you resolve support issues.
Ouraring uses your Service Data to the extent necessary to provide the Service to you and to help you resolve support related issues with your Service. We may also make aggregate compilations, statistics and analyses of the Service Data – on an anonymous basis. We may use such compilations, statistics and analyses for research, scientific and commercial purposes, again, without disclosing any Personal Data that would permit identification of our customers.
In addition, all data we collect may be used as follows:
- International transfers. Our Services may be provided using resources and servers located in various countries around the world. Therefore the data we collect (including Service Data) may be transferred across international borders outside the country where you use our Services, including to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) that do not have laws providing specific protection for personal data or that have different legal rules on data protection, for example, the United States of America. In such cases we take steps to ensure that there is a legal basis for such a transfer and that adequate protection for your data is provided as required by applicable law, for example, by using standard agreements approved by relevant authorities (where necessary) and by requiring the use of other appropriate technical and organizational information security measures.
- Mandatory disclosures. We may be obligated by mandatory law to disclose the data we collect to certain authorities or other third parties, for example, to law enforcement agencies in the countries where we or third parties acting on our behalf operate. We may also disclose and otherwise process the data we collect in accordance with applicable law to defend our legitimate interests, for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings.
- Corporate Transactions. We may disclose or transfer the data we collect in connection with the sale, merger, bankruptcy, sale of assets or reorganization of our company, or to transfer the data within our corporate family.
Direct marketing. At your request we may use your contact information in any commonly used method in order to provide you with information about products, special offers and other information relating to our products or Services or which we believe may be of interest to you.
You can change your mind later on in respect of direct marketing by contacting us at any time. In addition, if you receive direct marketing from us in writing you will be reminded in that material that you are able to request a change to your preferences.
How do we keep your Personal Data safe?
In order to keep your Personal Data and all the other information we have stored safe, we have implemented various security measures and taken reasonable steps to prevent unauthorized access, use, alteration, destruction or disclosure of your Personal Data.
We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that our staff and employees who have been specifically granted access to information about you have received adequate training to ensure that they process that information only in accordance with this policy and with our obligations under applicable legislations.
How to contact us to change or get copies of the Personal Data we have collected?
Should you wish to review the Personal Data being held by us about you, you have the right to request details. Please make any requests in writing to us and we will comply with your request promptly.
Should you wish us to permanently delete your Personal Data being held by us, we will do so upon your request. In such case you understand, that we will not be able to provide the Service to you anymore.
What should I understand about links to other companies’ websites?
Our Services may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. These linked sites, services, and applications are not under our control and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any linked sites, services, and applications. If you provide any Personal Data through any third-party sites, services, or applications, your transaction will occur on the third party’s site, service, and/or application and the information you provide will be collected by, and controlled by, the privacy statement of that third party. We recommend you review the privacy statement of any third parties.
What else should I know about security?
The use of our Services requires an Internet connection. You are responsible for obtaining your own Internet connection, mobile and otherwise, to use our services. You should understand that your mobile phone, computer and other electronic devices are susceptible to attack from third parties. We recommend you use firewalls, store your passwords in a safe place, and create passwords for yourself that are strong. The security of your Internet connection and/or network is your responsibility and out of our control.
The name of the register we store your Personal Data in is Register for Ouraring Services.
Address: Oura Health Oy, Elektroniikkatie 3, FI-90590 Oulu, Finland